Always make an appointment with selected bakers first. Before you make the appointment, you want to make sure the baker meets your qualifications by asking the following questions:
1. How many years of experience do you have in making wedding cakes?
2. Do you specialize in a particular type of wedding cake?
3. Do you offer complimentary tastings?
4. Do you freeze your wedding cakes?
5. How far in advance should I order?
6. Do you rent cake knives, stands etc? And what are the terms?
7. What is your average cost per serving of my desired cake style?
8. What is your cake delivery and setup fees?
9. What is your payment policy?
10. What is your cancellation policy?
Do your homework and be prepared with:
- a budget or price range
- pictures of cakes you like
- pictures of any flowers you are selecting
- pictures and details of your decor theme and colors
- pictures of your reception gown