- The artists: Kajal Mehta and Priya Pandya are the Founding Partners of Dhoonya Dance. They started the company together in 2005 with the mission of providing simple, artistic Bollywood dance instruction to people of all backgrounds ages and levels. Rapidly growing company with locations in Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland and New York City, the team has taught thousands of students, dozens of corporate workshops, and performed on the Oprah Winfrey Show.
- Cities covered: New York City, Washington DC, Vienna,VA, Mclean, VA, Arlington, VA, Rockville, MD.
- Do you perform at receptions or private events? Yes, our Performance Company performs at receptions, galas and corporate events.
- If yes, how far out in advance should the couple book your services? We take bookings 2-3 months ahead of time.
- Dhoonya Dance Sangeet Suggestions:
Desi Girl: Dostana; High energy, and a guaranteed crowd pleaser; Bollywod, Great for a group even kids.
Chor Bazaari: Love Aaj Kaal; Super happy song and a great beat; Bollywood; Great for groups; Simple beats making it easy to choreograph.
Twist: Love Aaj Kaal; very catchy beat; Great for groups of all ages.
Mehndi Laga Ke Rakhna: Dilwale Dulhania Lejayenge; a Bollywood classic; great symbolism for weddings; Can be used as part of a skit between bride and groom; Fun for a group.
Mauja Hi Mauja: Jab We Met; Fun song, very recognizable; Mix of Bhangra and Bollywood; Great for Groups.
Ve Soniye: Kismat Konnection; song about man professing his love and basically proposing; Bollywood; Good for all guys dance or something from the groom’s side.
Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai: Title song; friends of the groom celebrating his marriage; Bollywood; Good for all guys dance or something from the groom’s side.
Tenu Leke: Salaam-e-Ishq; Song about man professing his love and basically proposing and then the woman agreeing at the end; Bollywood; Good as a bride and groom or song or one that is depicting them.
Salaam-E-Ishq: Title Song; Great love song with a catchy beat; Bollywood; Good for groups; Can call out/focus on different members of the family.
Hadippa: Title Song; Catchy and upbeat song; Bollywood and Bhangra; Great for groups and can be done with simple but fun and energetic choreography.